Friday, September 18, 2009

More info... I guess

So just so you all know, there is nothing really the matter with Piper.  She is a very normal baby, otherwise.  A few things that might make her unique and that indicate she has a heart condition are things like:

- she sweats pretty fierce when crying and sometimes while feeding
- if you felt her heartbeat, it feels kinda frothy, or fuzzy. Not the same "lub-dub" as ours
- her breathing is somewhat shallow (not sure if that is just normal baby, or what)

The summer wasn't great for her sweating. It was kinda freaking us out a bit, but we just need to keep an eye on it.

Right now, some of Piper's favorite things to do are:

- stare at the pretty baby in the mirror (she always happens to be there!)
- wiggle on her "wiggle worm"
- growl and roll over
- stick both fists in her mouth
- laugh when you sing her a song
- kicking like a crazy baby in the bathtub (and crazy is nearly an understatement) 
- laughing at her bug toy that has flashing red cheek-lights, and it makes cutes sounds!
- staring at any kind of red lights (like the alarm clock etc)



All in all, a pretty happy baby. Though I think she might be starting to teethe right now... I am not ready for a teething baby.  Oh Lord. Spare me.



Ok, here is that heart picture that didn't really work in that last post.  This illustrates things fairly well (and I just like the colors!)



Anyways, do ask questions!  I don't know all the answers, but sometimes I can pretend I do.  Comments, comments!  I would love to know anything you know!

And here, I can plug in some cute videos of Piper as she is growing up.  Gotta love those, eh?



I'll download the other ones later... this kinda takes a while.

Should jet!  Piper will be up soon and we should get out and do something... Matt will be home early today, so we can maybe find some fun then.

4 comments:

  1. Heydee hey MFP! Piper is ridiculously cute and can't wait to see you guys whenever we happen upon the old stompin' grounds again. Good luck with the surgery too, I am sure it will go perfectly fine! You should look up our sister-in-law Tori (my brother Kevin's wife), shes a nurse at BCCH. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to have a blog! I love the video you made, almost brought me to tears with that sweet song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks mini-Bandringa's! What ward is she in? We can hunt her down... (oh, and we would love to see you, too, when you are down next).

    And Laura! I love your blog! Way to go on your challenge, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly don't know, actually... I'll ask

    ReplyDelete