Friday, March 25, 2011

One year ago.


I am kinda emotional, kinda somber, kinda amazed today.

Exactly one year ago, Piper went in for her open heart surgery. What a wild journey that all was. I am so glad it is all over and that we are looking upwards and onwards. It really does seem like SO long ago, not a mere 12 months.

I want this to be a special day for us as a family. Just a little bit. I don't know how this will change in the future, but today, I feel somewhat victorious, and that deserves celebrating. I know that even 25 years ago, this condition would have been a little scarier, so my doctor recently told me. Praise God that she was born when she was born. Just wow.

Every so often I get to feel her heart beat, and it is still pretty bubbly and there is still a definite murmur, but I know things are well under control. She'll get checked up on soon, and they'll tell us more, but I do really feel like we've been through the biggest, scariest ordeal.

Today, I will just take time and cuddle my little girl as often as I can and kiss her perfect little chest and feel her warm skin and love every moment of it.



Do click on this one, it gets bigger and you can see details a little better.

1 comment:

  1. Little Piper, you are growing up so quickly. Look at all your curly blonde hair - so cute! We're thinking of you guys. Looks like you had a lovely trip. Thanks for sharing all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete