Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Scar.


I just wanted to let you all see how Piper's scar is looking. This is one week + 2 days post surgery. All of the steri-strips are off and there is just a few tiny scabs yet to fall off. After that, it is just time to heal. We'll try some vitamin E stuff, maybe some aloe and there are some cool silicone strips that we could try too. Already, I am blown away at how clean it looks, and it is only going to get better looking.

Piper doesn't like you touching it though. I keep trying to feel her new heartbeat, but she quickly pushes my hand away with a glare. I did hear it in the hospital though, and it was a clear "lub-dub", no more swishing. Kinda cool, no? One day i will try to get a recording.

Piper is definitely skinnier. Her little arms are scarwny and she has lost her belly. Her pants are kinda sagging on her now... booo. I know she will get it back, but for now, it just feels like we've starved her or something. Oh well. She is mostly happy. She had a pretty normal day today, only 2 naps and has eaten pretty well, though nursing isn't getting any easier...

Oh, and I spotted tooth number 9. Dang! Why couldn't it have come through while she was on serious pain killers? This is a molar, so I am not impressed.

For now, enjoy this little lady in her post-bathtime nakedness.

(the two holes at the bottom of her incision are where the chest tubes were. You can hardly even tell where the pacer wires were - to the sides of the chest tube holes; they have already faded to tiny little dots)





4 comments:

  1. It really is looking great! If it's anything like my c-section scar, it will be nearly invisible one day! Have I mentioned before how much I love that ottoman?! I might have to get one for myself...it's from Ikea right?? Anyways...I'm so glad she's doing so well! I was not expecting to see her standing and being mobile so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is looking great. Baby kisses xx from Aunty Ria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe she's up and about already. What a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that was quick! I can't believe that they can open a person up, and a week later the skin is all sealed back up. Piper looks as cute as ever...

    MIke & Jana

    ReplyDelete