Saturday, December 5, 2009

Just a sneak peek!


Here is just a quick look at some of the family portraits we had done today!

My dear friend from school, Karen (www.karenhantke.com) came over nice and early and caught some of the lovely light that shines in Piper's room. I wanted to get some great shots of Piper without her top on, to show off her perfect, unmarked chest. It won't always look like that, so I wanted to celebrate while we could, as we get ready to embrace all the changes that come with this crazy future ahead of us... and then we'll celebrate those changes, too.

I am already so in love with these ones, and Karen also took some in film that will blow these ones out of the water! Can't wait (but I will). Thank you so much Karen for a great time!

Anyways, enjoy this one for now... I'll put some more up when I can.



6 comments:

  1. So cute!!! Seriously, so cute! How wonderful. I had never really considered the stitches and scars...my thoughts have always focused on her heart, but there will be 'outside' marks too. It is just amazing what can be done these days. I was chatting with some ladies in my physiology lab about heart surgery, and one of their moms had just had a heart attack and a stint 'installed' but she was out of the hospital in a day or something rediculous... When I told them about watching the video footage from Piper's angiogram, they were all jealous. One of them (a PhD student) said: "I would love to see one of those"... Kind of cool...kind of not, but an experience none the less. Take care France! Hope you guys have a great week!

    Love you,
    Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture and a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. My only concern is that Piper gets some of the "normal" humiliating pictures that most kids get - sitting on the potty reading an upside down book - naked in the tub with a bucket on her head...etc.

    you may want to consider taking a few of those pictures too...sort of balance out the classy shots.

    love you guys,


    Mike and Jana

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at those big steps. Can hardly wait to hold her. Maybe I'll have to catch her by then. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this pic!!! :) so cute.....
    i like the skirt too, almost looks like a tue tue. (if i could onyl have the gift of spellling) which i hear is in this fall for babies :)
    she is always with or ahead of the styles... way to go piper... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. super duper cute picture!! I LOVE that skirt, so so much! Is she getting ready to walk soon or what?!

    ReplyDelete