Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Calm before the storm (in a good way!)



Just briefly...

My family starts arriving tomorrow. Gram first, then everyone else on Christmas day.
I am starting to feel a little bit stressed. You should really see my house. I'm not even joking, it almost looks as though it's been shaken upside down. Not good. I might have to work on that tonight. I pick Gram up early-ish tomorrow.

What have I signed myself up for?

Again, briefly: I am tired. I haven't been this tired since the "newborn" days. I don't know what it is, either a mix of Piper being sick/getting shots/teething and then a bit of stress in there, too, but I am seriously bagged. I don't think I've slept a continuous 4 hours in days now (I think that is how they torture people in some places!). Half of it is Piper waking up more in the night, and the other half is me not being able to sleep most of the time. Ahhhg!
This is making me old.

I am really am excited for Christmas, I just need to find some energy to really really feel it.

Wah-wah-wah for me. Sorry. I'm just going to have a very quiet melt-down in a minute...



I truly do wish you all the bestest of Christmases. It is an adventure every year.




4 comments:

  1. When Jeff saw this picture for the first time he said (in a cute high pitched voice):

    "Ohhhh, it's so cute! It's so cute! So cute..ohhhh....ohhhhh...cute...."

    Just thought you might like to 'hear' that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. merry christmas to you guys and i hope it's not too stressful, but fun filled with your family being here! i know what you mean about the sleep deprivation, different reasons though :p love your family photo's and christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that christmas card!!! cutest ever!! I might copy parts of it for my card next year! ;) Hope you had a good christmas and hopefully we can get together soon to catch up!

    ReplyDelete