Wednesday, May 11, 2011

New surgery date: May 18th.

Umm, yes, that is next week. Exactly. This time next week, Piper will be having her second open heart surgery. Oh man.

The reason for the switch is not a change in urgency, just a scheduling issue. The hospital knows that there will be a few babies born in the next few weeks that will have some pretty serious heart conditions that will need very intense care, so they are happy to do Piper's surgery before any of those "cases" are born.

Again, glad Piper is not one of those intense cases, but still. This date change is a bit of a shock on the system. And I am not thrilled about it. I have had to cancel one of the weddings I had booked for that weekend, which I know is never a good thing for the bride. Luckily, I have amazing clients who are so incredibly loving and supportive and understanding through it all. It breaks my heart having to miss this day with them, but I know that I will not be the best photographer I can for them, so I need to give them someone who can give them the most enjoyable wedding experience possible.
Also, luckily, I have amazing friends and support people. My good friend Vasia is helping me out with this one, and is taking charge and is going to make this slight bump in the road into a beautiful wedding for this amazing couple. Thank you Natalia and Andrew for being so great.

Now onto the reality that this is happening much sooner than we thought, and even at all! We are now entering the busiest weekend we have almost all year, and now with a pre-admission clinic to go to on Monday (also my birthday), to prep for surgery on Wednesday, the 18th of May.

I don't know if I am ready for any of this. But I do have cupcakes ordered from the oh-so-talented Buttercream Couture, so that is one more thing off of my plate. And they are going to look and taste great.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. Here we go! It will be great to party this weekend with all of our favourite people, but this is not how I saw our May going at all.

Just trying to deal.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! That was really quick. We're really praying that all will go super smoothly! I'll mention Piper at my mom's group this Friday and we'll be storming heaven for her and for you guys.

    ps. Happy Birthday! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete