Friday, October 2, 2009

Angiogram approachin'!

So we are down to two weeks until Piper's angiogram (if you want to know what that is, look some older posts). This really doesn't worry me much, but its still anesthetic in a baby and in that, there is always a risk, I guess.

I don't know if anyone else plays this game, but I am constantly thinking in my head "this time next week I'll be ____" or "this time next year I'll be _____" or "this time last year, I was ____". I don't know why, but I always find it so amazing to see how far one has come in time, or where one is going. Like in two weeks, exactly, maybe we'll be in a waiting room, waiting for someone to come and tell us we can see our daughter now, or maybe we'll be on the way home from the hospital, or maybe we'll still be loitering about (probably watching movies) at the hospital... who knows.


This time last year, we were heading up to Prince George to visit my family for Thanksgiving. I remember because that was when we told the rest of my family that we were pregnant. My parents and Matt's parents knew, but our siblings didn't. I remember sneakily asking my oldest sister (who was also pregnant, 2 months ahead of me) if I could have some of her prenatal vitamins, as I had forgotten mine. Her mouth gaped open and said "well, why...? because you need them??!! Please, have as many as you want!!!", which was then followed by a hearty hug.
My mom slipped it into some morning conversation to inform my other sister and brother, somehow referring to my brother saying something like "uncle, uncle, uncle Dawson" (I still didn't really get it...), but my sister starting counting on her fingers: uncle (for Charis -first niece), uncle (for my sisters other baby on the way) and uncle ??? Again, gaping mouth and pointing at me and much jumping and dancing and hugging all around.
It's funny how those memories really stick in your head. And it just blows my mind that that was a whole year ago. It feels like one year and one second all at the same time.


And this time next year, well... wow. Piper will be almost 1 and half, hopefully walking and babbling some semblance of words and keeping us pretty busy, I'm sure. Who knows what life will have tossed at us by then. I love and hate the mystery of time, but it always keeps me entertained.



Here is a little video of Piper blowing some raspberries at me... she just loves having her tongue out of her face, and is now sticking anything she can get in there. Let the adventure begin! (and yes, we are listening to the Bible on tape)

4 comments:

  1. I do that all the time, and especially lately...2 weeks ago I was still pregnant, and now I have a 2 week old baby. One year ago I was petrified to take prenatal vitamins, becuase that meant I was serious about getting pregnant...
    thinking and praying for piper already:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics and videos Frances - she's sure a cutie! Praying for her all the time...


    Mike (aka anonymous)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy to think how differant our lives will be in one short year! Thanks for keeping us posted on everything to come in little Piper's life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Micheal does that all the Time!! kinda a neat way to put things in perspective! Piper is getting so big.. and i can see hair :).
    Hudson sends over a big hug and little kiss, sending prayers over your way every night! lots of love
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete