Wednesday, February 3, 2010

All over again...


I can't pretend to say that I am not a little choked about Piper's surgery day being changed. I really did feel ready in a lot of ways, and was really seeing this happening. My whole calendar and month of February was almost "booked off", thinking I would have a recovering baby. Now it's wide open again.

I have decided I can either be a grump about it, try to blame something or someone, or I can see this as a whole new batch of time to get my life in order and feel like I've done something.

I've already tried to think of some things that would be great to check off of my list, now that I have this new allotment of time:

- hem my 2 pairs of new jeans (and they are so lovely, I can't wait to wear them!)
- buy a shower curtain for the bathroom (harder than it sounds, ok)
- sew a valence for the bathroom (to match the shower curtain, of course)
- organize my bookshelf (and get rid of some books, and make space for some more)

I think that is all for now. None of those are too lofty. They are possible. I do best with goals being set and working towards them, so this will hopefully be rewarding.

We've decided to back off of the "bubble" a wee bit, in terms of cloistering Piper. We've got at least a month (and I honestly think it will easily be 2 months) until a possible surgery date, so we are going to take it easy in terms of being germaphobes. We are going to be smart (no licking of the skytrain poles), but not too anal. So this Friday, since Matt has it off, we are going to try out the pool! We haven't been in so long, fearing germs of all sorts, but we are going to give it a try! We've been a few times, and Piper does love the water, so I think this might be good for all of us. We'll try to go in the morning, so there won't be too many people there (to stick their little fingers in Piper's face) and maybe the chlorine will be fresher?
Either way, it's something we've been missing as we'd been working towards a surgery date, so now we are going to try it out again. I bought Piper a new swim suit the other day, now I just have to shave off my winter legs.


2 comments:

  1. -shave off your winter legs--LOL that's a funny one! She will be so much stronger in a couple months too, so that's something to be thankful for! Sounds like quite the to-do list you have, make sure you leave some room on that schedule to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man. Sorry you've had to go through this roller coaster. At least your legs will now be shaved? I hope that Piper's WBC count increases so that she is all ready to go next time. Have fun at the pool!

    ReplyDelete