Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chugging along!


Nothing too much to report, except that I have a lot of family over and staying at our place, so it is a little crazy these days. Not much time in my office to update. But then, there isn't really anything to update.

We go in to BCCH on Monday for Piper's bone marrow biopsy, which will just be a day procedure with not too much drugs, so I am assuming recovery won't be too long. Still, I think we will spend most of the day there. I believe we will get some results a few days later? Not entirely clear yet.
They use a hallow needle in her rear pelvic bone, the bone that is closest to the skin surface, so not too much to go through. The hematologist said to just expect some "bony" pain after, which translates to "moderate crankiness" for a while. Who knows how long?
I hate to say anything because the last few nights, Piper has been sleeping really solidly. Not little wake-ups that need to be resettled. She just sleeps until she is ready to eat, and then straight back again. I am feeling great :) So I am expecting that to change next week. Boo.

Anyways, all is well! Up to my armpits in busyness, but so far, so good! Maybe Matt and I will try to get to downtown tomorrow for a play day, just as grown-ups. We'll see if I can talk Gram and Grampa into Piper-sitting. Finger's crossed!

Surgery still booked for March 23rd.


No comments:

Post a Comment