Tuesday, January 12, 2010

No sick babies allowed. 22 days



What can we do to prepare our child for surgery?

Here, they mention that your child should have healthy teeth- no cavities etc. Dang. I sure hope Piper doesn't. I see it being nearly impossible as she hasn't really had anything sugary?
Speaking on the teeth front, she did cut her third tooth on Sunday, the top left one. It was a biggy. And it's next door neighbor is not far behind. It did require some serious rubbing from Daddy one morning to just get through that wee bit of skin, and her pain was seriously eased for a bit. Now we are just waiting for #4 and maybe we'll have a pleasant child again.


There are teeth #1 and #2. Such a grimace!

Anyways, to operate, they really do want a perfectly healthy baby. No coming in contact with sick people. I think I might sorta hibernate for the week prior, just to be sure. I feel like this week I've been getting out a bit more, almost as if it's a sort of "this might not happen again for a while". Piper has been on and off sick for a long time, but I feel like at the moment she is doing pretty well. She still has her cough, but I am almost just accepting that as part of her for now.

I forget, too, that they don't want a sick baby for the babies sake, but also for all the other kids' sakes. How terrible it would be to make a post-op kid sick! I wouldn't want to be responsible for that.

They do mention that surgery might have to be delayed if the child is sick with a cold. I am just really hoping for no sickness close to that date. Ahk. I can understand them bumping us around because of their timetable, but I don't want to be the one holding up the show.
Really, there is only so much I can do: wash our hands, keep away from sick people, stay out of enclosed spaces with lots of strangers and keep giving her her vitamin D. Let's keep that immune system strong!

In other news (geez, I really missed my calling as a news lady!), I've ordered our picture book from 2009, and it is due to come soon! I am so, so, so excited to get this one. It's a digitally printed photo book that I order through Apple (I've done it every year since we've been married, so this is our fourth book). This year, there are 86 pages. Wowza. I wonder why, eh? It has all of our pictures from the year, which are mostly Piper pictures. No shame in admitting that! Anyways, it's going to look so great and I can't wait to flip through it. You'll have to come over and take a peek :)



I do apologize for the text size going from normal to itty-bitty. It drives me crazy when I forget to change it. I think I need to reset something in my defaults...

2 comments:

  1. oh we can't come over to see the photobook because you don't want us to bring any sickness!
    Here's praying that all that extra vit. E will help get Piper to the surgery date all healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no shame in being blunt to sick people either! Keep them away! I hope you can keep her nice and germ free! She probably looks so cute with that top tooth, the top two are my favourite when they're through, adorable!!

    ReplyDelete