Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Looking up!


We are packed.

All of us, ready to go. You can change our date a hundred times, but now, we are packed. So there.

I know it doesn't make a big difference, but it felt nice to get all of our things ready, all the same. It's actually even better because I've got a few days to remember those last few things.

Today, I actually feel great. Not "down" or anything. I happened to sleep really well last night, so I am sure that has something to do with it. And it's sunny. I've already had a great visit with a friend, gone to the paint store to pick up paint for the front entrance and I've even had lunch! And the house is in one piece. That always makes me feel like a super hero.
So we'll give tomorrow another try. The hospital should call between 12-5 to give us fasting instructions. I just don't want to hear from the booking lady anymore. She almost always brings annoying news (as nice as she is...).

Thanks again for all the prayers and support you all sending our way. Today, I am surviving on that alone.

Anyways, here is a picture of Piper from December, when we thought her surgery would be soon in the New Year. Ha. What did we know?! But I am so glad she has gotten that much stronger and healthier since then. What a gift.

I look at her chest sometimes and just have to touch it, knowing it will never be this perfect again. It will just be different. She'll carry this story with her forever.


3 comments:

  1. cute, cute, cute pictures!! Happy to hear you're having a good day and that you got a good sleep, that's always a bonus! Hope to hear good fasting news tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. giddyup


    Mike and Jana

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is such a great picture! Glad you had a good day yesterday. How could you not with a free pastry to start your day off?! ;) Will be praying you all tomorrow. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete