Saturday, March 13, 2010

Shot 2/3 done!


This time with much more success than last time :) I didn't freeze or anything. We had already had Piper's blood taken earlier in the day (with a totally full clinic... kinda freaked me out, so I asked to hide in the back of the clinic) with great success, but she was probably still kinda miffed about that.
Anyways, Matt and I are getting better at getting everything ready and only getting Piper ready at the very last minute. It was done and over with in no time. Nothing even leaked out! Hooray! She might feel better being at home. She recovered pretty fast. But she always does.

So far, there have been no reactions that we can see. Maybe some mild pain, but how are we to know? The heme nurse said that we should only ever give Tylenol now if it is absolutely necessary, as giving it in the "just in case" scenario might mask a fever if she is sick. Boo. We are a bit sad about that, but so far has been ok.

Anyways, all is well. We give her another G-CSF shot tomorrow, though there is nowhere to get blood drawn tomorrow so we will just do that on Monday morning. Then we'll call BCCH to see what levels look like and see whether or not we give her another shot that day or not. We'll go to the hospital that day, too, but we do the blood test first.

This poor girl has been poked far too many times. It kinda hit me a bit today. I am hoping she won't remember any of this. And maybe in my future, I can forget how much all of this has consumed me, too.


Have I mentioned that Piper is now 18 pounds?! Yeah. She gained 3 whole ounces in a week. Not bad. I only know these weights because she is weighed almost every time we go to the hospital and every time for her RSV shot. She's a growing girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment