Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tomorrow is gonna happen.


Now that we are sitting on the edge of this actually happening, things do seem a bit too calm. A strange and unearthly serenity is hovering over us right now.

We've got the house cleaned, bags packed, snacks ready and every body is fed. We've got a movie downloading to watch tonight and we'll set an alarm to wake me up for Piper's last milk at 3:30am.

This is happening.

As we were told, we bathed Piper with this sponge tonight:
I am not too sure how much cleaner she is using this one that other soap. I mean, we wipe her off with our towels, then into jammies and all sorts of kisses in between there. Oh well, we're doing as we're told! I think it might have stung her eyes a bit... she wasn't too thrilled.

I don't know what to say. We are both feeling pretty good. We've been playing this over in our heads for a long time now. Maybe we really are at peace with this whole procedure. I am almost happy for all this jerking around, as now, I feel no hesitation, no wavering. I feel strong. I feel brave. This is how it is supposed to happen.

Today we got some blood work done at BCCH and it was fine. Or, they haven't called us back, so I am assuming all is well. It better be. I am still waiting until 10pm, as the hematologist has called us at 9:45pm before.

Matt worked on the car a bit, so we went to join him. Piper discovered the front garden. Oh man. That kid loves the dirt. She scooted all over the place. I guess that is ok right now... doesn't look like much yet. As long as her soother stayed in, the dirt stayed out. I'm ok with that. We got to see the recycling truck go by and even some neighbors stopped over. This weather is awesome.






We've had a really low-key night. Pizza, with leftovers for lunch, some tidying and a few visits from friends. Nothing too fancy, nothing to emotional. Just life.

I wanted to leave some suspense here. I have been collecting little things that are for Piper for after surgery. Nothing much, but I thought they were important. You'll see them soon enough, but I wanted to give you a hint... and maybe you can guess!


Last family picture at home for a little while! We are feeling all the encouragement from everyone and we really are feeling positive. I am not just saying that because that is what I want to hear. Right now, at this moment, I am glad this is where we are.

See you soon! I'll keep you as updated as I can.
Piper's surgery starts at 7:45 am. We should be able to see her by 1pm.

7 comments:

  1. What gorgeous pictures. Glad you are feeling calm and prepared. Praying for Piper tonight and in the days to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's finally here! Will be praying my heart out tomorrow! Have a good rest yet tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many people praying and sharing your journey! Even the guys at Harry's/Dad/Opa's job sites are all praying and caring for you all! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be thinking of her and praying tomorrow morning! All the best of love to you VanTol's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. go get em Piper!

    love and prayers,

    the ROths

    ReplyDelete