Sunday, March 21, 2010

More prep.


Ok. So we are down to two sleeps.

Some things that are on my mind:

  • I can't wait for this to be done.
  • I don't ever want to wait like this again.
  • I'm so flippin' tired.
  • I wonder how I'll feel when surgery is actually happening.
  • I don't want to talk about this anymore.
  • I really want to talk about how I am feeling.
Yeah, I am kinda torn.

I am mostly just ready for this to be done. Tonight has been a busy night with friends (so appreciated) and we will be ready for bed soon. Matt will work tomorrow, I and I've got a friend keeping my busy tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. Tomorrow, we will give Piper her last shot of 0f G-CSF, which as been going really well, by the way. I feel I am improving with every shot.

Here is the calendar the hematology nurse made up for us.

I guess I took this picture earlier in the week, as only part of the week is ticked off. It is amazing to me that so much time has already passed. I mean, in this week, this month, this baby's life! This very event has been coming for so long now. And we are already almost on Monday!

Here are some more friends that we will be packing along for the hospital stay.

This rhino is a good friend, and we happen to have two of them. I am not sure why she likes him so much. But really, with a smile that that, how could anyone not love him?

And of course, she loves the thing that is not really meant to be the real toy. But this gate/fence piece is a major hit. There are a few pieces, so I try to keep a piece in my purse for emergencies. Don't know why, but she loves the little piece of fence. Hey, if it makes her happy, I am happy!
And this is the "it" toy of the day. Her Great-Gram gave her this one. Again, with crazy hair like that, how could you not love this guy? We like to think Piper can relate to this guy, with one wild tuft of hair on top. That and he is pretty small, so he fits so nicely in her hand. Yoink!

I thought I would share this prayer that our dear friend sent to Piper. He is far away at the moment, but it was really so perfect. More than perfect, which is what scripture is meant to be, I suppose.

So I was just going to open up and say a prayer from Psalm 139 inserting Piper into it, intending to start midway where it begins to talk about 'you knew me in my mother's womb'... but vs.1 grabbed my attention. Clearly the beginning is important!

vs. 1 "O Lord, you have examined Piper's heart and know everything about her."

vs. 4 "You know what Piper is going to say even before she says it, Lord." - and now the rest of us know that of course those words were "Uh-Oh".

And now to where I originally meant to begin, God's Words over Piper. My prayer over Piper:

vs. 13-18.
"You made all the delicate, inner parts of Piper's body and knit her together in her mother's womb. Thank you for making her so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous - how well we all know it.... You saw Piper before she was born. Every day of her life was recorded in your book.... How precious are your thoughts about Piper, O God. They cannot be numbered!..... And when SHE WAKES UP, you are still with her!"



Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts and kind words. They help in ways you can't really understand. I don't even really understand it... but this is all pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment